Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clay Retreat


I just returned today from the Pittsburgh Polymer Clay Guild's Annual Retreat. It was held at Lutherlyn Camp in Butler, PA. They have a huge beautiful, well-lit (regardless of what my photo here seems to show) room for us to work in, comfortable sleeping cabins, and a staffed kitchen. This is how I should live all the time...14 hours to clay and three meals a day!
It was so much fun! A few members did demonstrations of new products or techniques and we had auctions, contests, and special projects (contributing design ideas and samples for a program that makes jewelry out of recyled computer parts). Most members are local but we had attendees from Michigan, Ohio, and New York.
I got a great book in the silent auction that has given me a bunch of new ideas. I was very productive during the retreat -- 3 items are already on my etsy site with more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I thought very hard about just driving to this retreat, but it was 8 hours away and my car is a tad unreliable...So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails